The Passing of the Pen

The Passing of the Pen
El Paso de la Pluma

Friday, February 3, 2012

S

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Mangrove Online Journal
Issue 4, Fall 2011 

S by Andrea Cebrecos

Every morning I put on clothing over my clothing, a red S resting on my chest. Every day I stand in the middle of crowds, helping, at times using, making sure I’m understood yet not touched. Every night I cower before my enemies until they chase my trembling body out the door, but not before rewarding me with their kryptonite. And before a golden ray disrupts the sleeping sky, I sit in a corner, stripped of everything goddess-like; that uniform is a lie. Embracing the precious emerald stone, the upside is the savoring of the mortal heart.

Andrea Cebrecos graduated from the University of Miami in 2011 with a degree in English


TRADUCCION EN ESPAÑOL

Revista en Línea
Mangrove
Número 4, Otoño de 2011

S escrito por Andrea Cebrecos

Todas las mañanas me pongo ropa por encima de mi ropa, una s roja apoyándose en mi pecho. Cada día me paro en medio de multitudes, ayudándoles, a veces utilizándoles, asegurándome de que me entiendan sin que se me acerquen. Todas las noches me acobardo ante mis enemigos hasta que ellos persigan mi cuerpo tembloroso por la puerta, no sin antes premiarme con su kriptonita. Y antes de que un rayo dorado estorbe el cielo soñador, me siento en una esquina, despojada de todo que resembla una diosa; ese uniforme es una mentira. Abrazando la preciosa piedra esmeralda, la ventaja es el sabor del corazón mortal.

Andrea Cebrecos se graduó de la Universidad de Miami en el 2011 con una licenciatura en inglés 



(Picture Source: Healing and Living)

No comments:

Post a Comment